Ceramic Bio Rings 350g (Bagged)
Ceramic rings have long been used as filter medium in domestic aquariums. The pores in the ceramic rings help and encourage the build-up of useful bacteria. This in turn converts harmful substances, like ammonia, to enhance the quality of the aquarium water. The ceramic rings can be used with all types of filtration system. They can be used together with other filters such as sponge and activated carbons.
- Convenient ready-to-use in nylon mesh filter bag.
- Helps to remove toxic Ammonia and Nitrite.
- Surface area and pores are sized to accommodate the bacteria which is necessary for biological balance The Cascade Bio Ceramic Rings produce crystal clear water and are perfect for use in any canister filter.
- Ceramic rings are extremely porous, which provides a lot of surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize. Another reason why many people prefer it over other biological media is due it’s cylindrical shape, which allows water to flow through it easily and makes it less likely to clog. And in the case that it does clog, it’s also much easier to clean.
- No emission of harmful substances resulting in fewer water changes.
- Can be used in most filters (both fresh and salt water).
- Long lasting.
Rinse the bag holding the rings under running water – it is better to use aquarium water, not tap water for this.
Place the ceramic rings inside the filter or under the gravel filtration system.
Please note the formation of the useful bacteria is a long drawn process and patience is recommended. You could also add bacteria into the aquarium to expedite the process of nitrification.